Friday 29 February 2008

Too Good To Be True

Ever since Heath Ledger died, one of his earlier "Shakespearean Teen" flicks, "10 Things I Hate About You", has been pretty popular around here. One scene in particular gets played over and over and over... the bit where Heath's character serenades Julia Stiles with "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" (here). So for my own sanity I googled other versions of the Frankie Valli classic and found this gem:
Video :: Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You by Boys Town Gang

Truly, and unintentionally, hilarious! And impossible to do it justice with a comment (or ten).

Here's a homemade version. The backing dancer is not nearly as exciting as in the above (though better dressed):

3 comments:

Cap'n Franko said...

Ack! I think (what was left of) my brain just leaked out of my ears. Boys (sic - no apostophe anywhere to be seen) Town Gang?!?!?!

I though gay guys were good dancers. That was close to the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in the world of (pseudo)rock.

Ack!

memetopia said...

Craig! I feel inspired! I think that with you and Murray in those leather vests you've been keeping "for a special occasion", and Tiki and I on vocals, and the kids doing interpretive skipping all around we could really have an amazing performance for LiG...

balloonatikmama said...

There is no way I could keep a straight face for that, though I admit my mind wandered to LiG talent show possibilities too...

But I think I am going to stick to hoping Craig will step up and do the Conrad Birdie number from Bye Bye Birdie - if you happen to see any gold lamme jumsuits, do tip me off!