Tuesday 11 March 2008

Laying down the (shredded) Gauntlet

Attention Hayden, Scotty, Chloe, Qacei, MJ, the Traaseths, the Fullers, and any teens and pre-teens who I may have missed including that heped-up 7 year-old wanna-be rocker with the hair back there in North Carolina…

There’s a new kid in town… and he’s a wielding a ferocious axe:


The family had me nearly pee my pants when I returned home to find they had gotten me the mucho coveted, extremely hard to find Guitar Hero III. I was not, however, anticipating that they all would find it equally appealing, thereby restricting significantly my (much needed) practice time:






Although beyond fun, Guitar Hero presents me with a few challenges: 1) all my life I have played air guitar the other way around: with my left hand strumming. How, exactly, am I supposed to cope? My noodling prowess will be severely hampered; 2) it may take me a while to unlock all the Echo and the Bunnymen songs which I’m sure I will excel at and know are hiding within the Guitar Hero system labyrinth somewhere; and, 3) any second now the stereo system is bound to implode from having to endure Foghat ad nauseam.

Here’s a short clip featuring Eff’s self-styled rocker pose (“the flamingo”) and the Goose stage diving and auditioning his hair for a part in the band:

10 comments:

Zenmomma said...

Snacky Nuts totally has the chops to be in a Poison tribute band.

Schuyler said...

It's all in the way you bite your lip! David, a little nervously, thought he might be willing to maybe challenge you at LiG, if there is a game going, somewhere.

kelli said...

Woohoo you got it!

Craig, you da dog! (ok, I've been watching American Idol ;)

and omg, that video is awesome, you and Effie concentrating in one place and the ricocheting Ferg, darting around the room, classic.

mesmith said...

I am sure someone will drag their Guitar Hero to LIG and I'm more than happy to show of my ineptitude but David might find Gillian more of a challenge. There is some real untapped skill there.

hahamommy said...

Lefty Flip -- that'll even the playing ground for ya (the notes even comatcha in reverse order :)

Zenmomma said...

Check it out! I have given you an award. Please drop by my blog to pick it up. Rock on dudes.

http://zenmommasgarden.blogspot.com/2008/03/go-ahead-make-my-day.html

Martin_R said...

ugh!
I cannot let Max & Otto see this video, otherwise they might drop all their Lego Starwars toys and want us to upgrade from a Gamecube to a Wii right away;-[

eMJay said...

I'm totally challenging you guys as soon as I manage to at least do a song on Easy without failing horribly.

You guys will get a happy new award if you go check out my blog.

Cap'n Franko said...

OMG, Craig! That's not "white man's overbite" I see, is it?

Schuyler said...

David's favorite Guitar Hero band is Freezepop. I thought you might enjoy their Guitar Hero song (I don't know if it's on the Wii version, it isn't on Guitar Hero III, maybe you can upload it though?)